Discourse Markers in Romance languages 2019
The next International Conference on ‘Discourse Markers in Romance Languages’ (DISROM6) will be held at the University of Bergamo from May 29th to May 31st, 2019.
The Conference is one of a series of conferences on discourse markers in Romance languages (Madrid, 2010; Buenos Aires, 2011; Campinas, 2012; Heidelberg, 2015; Louvain-la-Neuve, 2017) and aims to build on the previous events, serving as a platform for internationally renowned linguists and young researchers alike to exchange views and ideas and to broaden their research perspectives.
This Conference’s theme will specifically question issues of crosslinguistic analyses of discourse markers in Romance languages and beyond.
Researchers on discourse markers in Romance languages are invited to submit contributions on this topic, as well as on related subjects including (but not restricted to):
- definition of the discourse marker category;
- lexicons of discourse markers;
- discourse markers and their relation to other pragmatic categories;
- syntax-prosody-discourse interface;
- sociolinguistic approaches to discourse markers;
- variation of discourse markers across registers, languages and language varieties;
- translation studies;
- L1 and L2 acquisition of discourse markers;
- diachronic studies;
- experimental studies;
- corpus-based and computational studies;
- applied studies (business language, legal discourse, educational settings, etc.).
With special reference to discourse marker research, the conference will be an opportunity to look at the findings provided so far by theoretical and applied linguistics and related disciplines. The following plenary speakers have already confirmed their attendance:
- Kate Beeching, University of the West of England (Bristol)
- Margarita Borreguero Zuloaga, Universitad Complutense (Madrid)
- Liesbeth Degand, Université catholique de Louvain (Louvain-la-Neuve)
- Susanne Michaelis, Universitaet Leipzig, Max Planck Institute for the Science of Human History (Jena)
31 October 2018 Deadline for abstract submission - !! The deadline has been extended to 10 November 2018!!
25 January 2019 Notification of acceptance
29 – 31 May 2019 Symposium dates